Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2016

AAUW: Chapter LXIV : The Dickensian Monologue

The sound of a mosque
in the backdrop
And a man
Getting out of a creaky bed.
Ah! Fuck !
Why did I wake up?
ask me how much I dread to wake up these days?
No, no its not about the mosque … no …
you know especially when the household goes quiet ?
you wake up alone not knowing what to do
after the initial morning rigmaroles
with sounds of people getting ready to go to office?
You are jobless and others are not
Susan and Harry had already left to work.
I woke up since I couldn’t control my shit.
In my head.
Why do you have to wake up ?
when you don’t have a fucking reason to ? wake up?  
But you wake up when you can’t control
your morning shit.  
In the head.
All along I hear a large number of other voices
trying to make themselves heard in the background
She was primary among them
That voice calling out a name ‘Sam’ ( with a longish ‘a’ )
followed by a question
‘you there’ ?
The sound keeps fading in
and fading out
there is also a voice
of a very young girl child
talking ( maybe over mobile phone ? )
in Hindi
repeatedly asking the question
‘ab kya hua?
Kya hum adventure pey nahi jaarey ?
this little girl child’s voice
too keeps fading in
and fading out
and merges with other noises
in the backdrop
most of the sounds are feminine
except one lone male voice
other than mine
I’m the protagonist
In this Dickensian monologue
all voices only call out
one name ‘Sam’
with different intonations
I sit on my potty
Wondering
Why did i wake up ?


1 comment: