Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

lonemariner

Lone mariner

An old
un-sea worthy
betrayed but bold
white boat

seemed it had
sailed
many a rough
sea
before

but now
it lay
tired
along with
its lone
occupant
the lone mariner

a jagged pattern of
dark peels of wood
cut through
the fading paint

like
wounds
slashed
by
mad
butchers

even the sea
seemed
sad
as it
softly
lapped
itself
onto the jagged
broken
wooden
carriage
of the
old
ragged
white boat


small even by standards
of big and small.

the mariner lay sprawled
skin
burnt
parched
lips
half
shut
eyes

linen and skin
firmly starched
assaulted
by
salt

an all weather
man
the lone mariner

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. I am a published poet and a member of Writing Mafia and I just spied your request so I thought I would pop by. I enjoyed the Mariner poem. There is some nice imagery here. The mad butchers. I like that. Also I like the all weather man part. The only part I keep coming back to is the small even by standards of big and small. Not sure I like that. I think I might be tempted to tinker with it and see what else comes up. Play around a bit with that phrase. Just my thoughts. Also I spied another poem here with the word loosing in it and I assume you meant losing.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete