Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2010

hmmm...muse more

Hmmmm !

“Musings” ! I was averred once –
just as I was hurrying , with a bunch of them ,
clutched –

“Are better kept cupped , better closeted” .

Sagely , I remember , this well wisher ,
had continued ,“it’s a Pandora’s burden –
my friend, best left forgotten”.

“Lock , stock and barrel” – he gestured , as I stood
rooted there listening , in trance - numb .

Though continuing to clutch ,
his object of complaint – with more life ,

All four fingers and white thumb!

“No, don’t ever let the devil Cast
even a germ of a doubt and aspersion
– don’t ever think
what if ?”

“Let will not Will”

“Please , he pleaded

Not even when you feel , sick
And ill , or driven up the hill” .

“Alone , it better exist
Alone let it cease” – he had concluded .

As he patted my back
Smiled his warm smile
And briskly sped on his
Shaky old bicycle .

I mused , and , continued
The seed of doubt was gnawing


It was an itch , a , terrible
Terrible itch –

An irresistible calling , my
White thumb grew whiter still
The clutch in hand , seemed
Totally imapatient

I looked around
desperate

In this dark valley
pray who will share my burden ?



Sriram

No comments:

Post a Comment